OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

I have a yen to dress up at Marie Antoinette at some point this season.  Anyone know where I could hire a costume or fashion one myself?  Do we have any fashion folk, costume designers or hirers or clever sewers (people who sew not the waste pipes) who could point me in the right direction?

Tags: Crouch End, Fancy Dress, Hornsey

Views: 98

Replies to This Discussion

I have used

http://www.costumestudio.co.uk/index.html

In the Balls Pond Road. I think I go there just for the name of the road.......

Huge variety and very skilled 'dressers'. However, you will need your credit card- if on a budget ask prices first.
Purely for the purposes of preventing any misunderstanding, I have uses this company for costume hire as an 18C admiral or a Victorian showman. Not as Marie Antoinette. Since I am bloke. Not that there would be anything wrong with a bloke dressing as Marie Antoinette. Oh dear, this is all going wrong.....

Charlie, thank you so much! The costumes look fantastic - I shall certainly enquire.  I love dressing up but this outfit is for a particular event I have in mind, rather than just for a jaunt around Crouch End.  Having said that though, CE is the just place to do that.  There is the rather magnificent highwayman and another chap I've seen dressed up just to pop into Budgens. Will let you know how I get on and yes, I've also loved just passing through the Balls Pond Road...

RSS

© 2022   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service