OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

The small development at 2a Fairfield Road continues to arouse some interest. Our local councillor has been prompted to send this note:
Dear Members'
 I have had this from a Crouch End resident regarding "The Lighthouse" 2a Fairfield Road N8
The crossover however remains the same i.e. crossover but no off-street parking and yellow lines still in place: thus unnecessarily losing on street parking places. 
Please can you tell me when the yellow lines will be removed, the dropped curbs replaced and the parking spaces become available again.
Regards

My view would be that there are about three parking places involved. These are subject to a single yellow line which is applicable between 10 and 12 each weekday, i.e. 10 hours a week approximately 1/17th of the time. All the rest of the time any who wants to can park there, whether the holder of a residents' permit or not. Thus the proposed changes - remove the yellow line, put the kerb back up to a proper hight and create a residents' parking bay, would bring a relatively small benefit, to a small number of people. The cost, however would probably be great - changes to a CPZ are always contentious and often involve a consultation, they would probably require some order in council and the publishing of banns on nearby lamp posts for weeks and weeks, thus tying up officer time and costing money. The works themselves would no doubt be costly, providing a decent income for some sub-contractor, and no doubt resulting in disruption and possibly further complaints. If this yellow line were situated in a pay and display bay near the shopping centre and its elimination would bring wider benefits for a greater proportion of the time I would say do the costing and decide whether or not to proceed. As it is I think this is best left.

Tags: cps, lighthouse, parking

Views: 493

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Adrian and I presume Councillor Winskill

If you are going to write letters or emails to the council regarding these issues under the heading 'the lighthouse' which I presume refers to our house, can I ask that you maybe might wish to discuss these with us before they go?  After all this is our home and I am now finding lots of great discussion about our home on this website.  I would much prefer that we discuss these issues in advance so we can maybe do something about them jointly without having to hear about them second hand.  Also as they might directly influence our house I think it would be courteous.

Thanks so much

Miki

RSS

© 2021   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service