OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Had dinner on bar Esteban on Saturday and it went really quite well. The place is stunningly popular with occasional queues building up by the door for tables and bar stools coming free. The decor is attractive and industrial. The walls are bare brick and breeze blocks, and all the electrics have been done in surface mounted metal conduit and junction boxes. The bar top is clad in metal. One of the chandeliers and some of the mirrors looks as though they may have come from the Floral Hall Antiques (I've just checked the website and if you click on the partners link Floral Hall Antiques pops up) . There is a bull fighting themed test your strength machine but it looks as though it needs pre-war pesetas..

I didn't examine the wine list, but I enjoyed the Alhambra Negra beer. Katy said that the Estrella tastes better in London than it does in Barcelona.
Pride of place in the food went to the whole dorada with its crispy seasoned skin, luscious flesh and interesting sauce. The crispy pork belly was tasty and the other tapas fine. For 3 of us it cost £60 including the 12.5% service charge.

I'd go again

Tags: bar, esteban

Views: 165

Replies to This Discussion

Is that the one that has replaced Rhythm, the Caribbean restaurant? I'm assuming it is.

You and I had very different experiences I think.  I went in April, with friends, and the food was over priced, badly cooked and the portions were meagre.  The meat charcuterie board was abysmal.  It cost £10 and looked like 3 packets of Salami which you can get for a pound each.  The squid, however, was perfection.  My friends and I were not impressed at all and won't return.  

RSS

© 2021   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service