OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

All Discussions Tagged 'views' (33)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

cowrin, tim'rous beastie

Is any one else suffering from a plague of mice? We seem to be over run. And these are no ordinary mice - not timid nocturnal  Wee, sleekit…

Started by Adrian Essex

8 Jul 19, 2013
Reply by Adrian Essex

Muggings in Weston Park

I saw a huge CCTV van turning into Weston Park yesterday evening. Part I guess of the police response  to recent reports and rumours of mu…

Started by Adrian Essex

1 Sep 14, 2011
Reply by Adrian Essex

incipient paranoia

Just because I am paranoid does not mean they are not getting at me. I don't think I'm paranoid, I think I am thoughtful and quite insightf…

Started by Adrian Essex

2 May 3, 2011
Reply by Adrian Essex

Local job going - a good wage, benefits package

The local council are currently offering a job that locals might like to apply for. Haringey have provided a dedicated site to apply throug…

Started by Clive Carter

2 Apr 28, 2011
Reply by Clive Carter

Clean Hands save lives

I've been up to the Whittington a few times lately and this sign ""Clean Hands save lives"  is writ large evereywhere. And it's not true. D…

Started by Adrian Essex

4 Apr 20, 2011
Reply by Adrian Essex

What a waste? New Haringey contract

I have written to the Haringey Cabinet member responsible for waste (yes they have one dedicated to the task). This is my email.     Dear C…

Started by Adrian Essex

8 Apr 11, 2011
Reply by Adrian Essex

Fortnightly Bin Collections in Haringey

Haringey has just awarded a new waste management contract to Veolia. The announcement is of course full of good news, "cleaner . . greener…

Started by Adrian Essex

2 Mar 25, 2011
Reply by CrouchEnd Cupcake

Haringey response to Freedom of Information Requests - Can we trust it?

If you are a researcher, a campaigner, community activist, or a concerned individual - Freedom of Information Requests,(FOIs) have become a…

Started by GN8

9 Mar 16, 2011
Reply by Clive Carter

Portable bookshops!!!

Now here's an idea . A sort of recurring pop up book shop. As Crouch End determinedly reinvents itself as a shopping centre with bright ide…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Mar 10, 2011

Haringey's Library Service

I have just read Claire Kober's article on Haringey libraries. On the face of it this seems good news for old fashioned, dyed-in-the-wool b…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Mar 10, 2011

RSS

© 2020   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service