OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

All Discussions Tagged 'Hornsey' (33)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Dog poo used as fertiliser?

A nifty little idea from our friends across the channel.  They do have tonnes of it mind!   http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-19/dog-po

Started by CrouchEnd Cupcake

1 Apr 20, 2011
Reply by CrouchEnd Cupcake

Petition to Michael Gove MP against 40% cuts to Haringey's Children's Centres

A mother has started a petition over on Harringay Online to petition the government against cuts to Children's Centres.  These are such a v…

0 Apr 18, 2011

20 practical actions for happiness

Sometime this month the government will be indexing our happiness levels.  Here are 20 practical actions that could lead to increasing your…

0 Apr 14, 2011

Worried about a primary place for your child this September?

If you did not get your choice of primary school for this September, I had an idea for a "home schooling" group as a contingency whilst sit…

4 Apr 13, 2011

Stationers Park Play Area - Update

Following consultation with the local community and working closely with the Friends of Stationers Park; the design for the new playground…

0 Apr 13, 2011

Advice needed about a failure of one of Haringey's front line mental health services

I have written a lengthy blog on what I perceive to be a dangerous failure on behalf of Haringey's front line mental health assessment team…

0 Apr 12, 2011

Where would I find a Marie Antoinette costume?

I have a yen to dress up at Marie Antoinette at some point this season.  Anyone know where I could hire a costume or fashion one myself?  D…

2 Apr 12, 2011

'Big Society' plan to save old folk's home in Muswell Hill

I like this story from the Hornsey Journal by Emma Youle Muswell Hill churchgoers reveal ‘Big Society’ plan to save old folk’s home  PARI…

2 Apr 10, 2011

A toddler loses 75% of her sight in one eye after exposure to dog dirt

Here is a very distressing story about a little girl who has lost most of the sight in her eye having got dog dirt in it.  Not a pretty sig…

0 Apr 5, 2011

Cat found on Nelson Road N8

Just received on my Twitter feed @HornseyCupcake http://twitpic.com/4gmiyp Cat found on Nelson Road with no collar.  Is a bit scared but is…

0 Apr 5, 2011

RSS

© 2021   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service