OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Forum Discussions (3,361)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cllr Adje, a concealment, a licence and a £2 million council loss

OVER a two year period, north London’s Haringey Council commissioned three external investigations into the development of a Licence to Fir…

Started by Clive Carter in Local Politics

0 Jun 22

Crouch End Safer Streets - @haringeycouncil - we wonder what is happening @CllrSeema @CllrKirsten

I have already reproduced the excellent newsletter published by Crouch End's Liberal Democrat Councillors. Here I reproduce one of its sect…

Started by Adrian Essex in Policing, Crime & Local Safety

0 Jun 19

Parking enforcement returns - we need safer streets and a Discretionary Grant Fund

Crouch End's Councillors continue to provide an excellent news round up View this email in your browser Dear Adr…

Started by Adrian Essex in Local Politics

0 Jun 19

Your chance to support Haringey's attempt to price motoring out of existence - ..

But without actually improving things for pedestrians , cyclists and the man on the Crouch End omnibus View this email in your browser…

Started by Adrian Essex in Local Politics

0 Jun 17

A hobby horse - probably not one of Haringey's preferred Covid responses

I've mentioned this twice already now so I'm definitely banging on a bit, but I like the narrowed carriageways, widened pavements, and rest…

Started by Adrian Essex in Transport and utilities

3 Jun 16
Reply by Clive Carter

HORNSEY HISTORICAL SOCIETY - Life in Lockdown Gallery

At the Hornsey Historical Society, we're hoping to record the Lockdown period for posterity and we've started with a Lockdown Gallery on…

Started by Deirdre Stowell-Smith in Miscellaneous

0 Jun 10

DE-FUNDED—The Crouch End Liveable Neighbourhood scheme has had its funding withdrawn

A NOTE on the withdrawal of funding for the Crouch End Liveable Neighbourhood scheme was quietly slipped into a letter whose main purpose w…

Started by Clive Carter in Transport and utilities

1 Jun 12
Reply by Adrian Essex

Another Haringey consultation carefully designed to bring the answer they want

And I've had an email from Living Streets Haringey urging me to participate. But the only possible outcome from the consultation is that an…

Started by Adrian Essex in Transport and utilities

0 Jun 4

Bringing the Streets Stones to life - @StonesSpeaking

Thanks to Chris Setz on Facebook for pointing this out - a website which gives voice to landmarks on our streets. The embedded video below…

Started by Adrian Essex in Recreation

0 Jun 3

Hope springs eternal in the Crouch End entrepreneur's breast - @MatthewsKitche

Perhaps Haringey could help by opening up the outside area as a pavement cafe, as in Rotterdam

Started by Adrian Essex in Eating and Drinking

0 May 29

RSS

© 2020   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service