OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Shops (210)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Rock around the Clock - rumoured again to be closing

Here is a rumour from Facebook - I asked, in the shop, about a similar rumour in March and was told that Rock Around the Clock was to remai…

Started by OpinioN8 Administrator

2 Nov 1, 2014
Reply by Susan Findlay

Royal Albert Hall Band coming to Carer's Coffee Morning. Thursday 13 November 10.30

Dear all, In 3 weeks, on Thursday 13th November,not only will we have coffee and cakes from 10am as usual , but we have some top musicians…

Started by Theodora Nathanael

0 Oct 30, 2014

Oddbins x2

Anyone know what's happening with Oddbins? What was Nicolas for a long time and was briefly Spirited Wines has now been rebranded - but not…

Started by David

3 Oct 19, 2014
Reply by OpinioN8 Administrator

Where to buy Brita cartridges

It's really hard to buy Brita cartridges in Crouch End. Perhaps because we don't have a big supermarket. Budgens has the original ones but…

Started by David

0 Oct 18, 2014

Two award winning food shops for lucky Crouch End - Morley Butchers and Purkiss Fishmongers

I like Crouch End's shopping centre and do what I reasonably can to spend my money there, rather than with Amazon or Ocado or ScrewFix. Foo…

Started by Adrian Essex

8 Oct 17, 2014
Reply by Alison Johnston

Priory Road Famine - Jalaliah, Fuji, Queen of Tarts and Reggae to go - all closed

Four closed food shops can just about be made out in this collage - Jalaliah, Fuji, Queen of Tarts and Reggae to go 

Started by Adrian Essex

12 Oct 11, 2014
Reply by Shellypat

The Fish and Chip shop is let - rumours please

No real clue from the work going on except that the fryers have gone

Started by Adrian Essex

1 Oct 10, 2014
Reply by Mr Toasty

Arthouse Deli - in what was Rickard's / Margaretta

According to an item in the Ham and High this week the Arthouse cinema is to have links with a new deli in Crouch End - I'm guessing it is…

Started by Adrian Essex

3 Dec 6, 2013
Reply by Beatlebrow

Can Crouch End/Hornsey compete with out of town shopping?

I picked this up from Clair Woodward's twitter stream   -  John Lewis is doing badly at some shopping centres . As a husband and father of…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Apr 10, 2011

The Onion man on the Broadway - French or faker?

So the man selling expensive but attractively rustic strings of onions from his bicycle on Crouch End Broadway (he was outside Nicholas win…

Started by Carrie Horne

0 Nov 19, 2010

RSS

© 2020   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service