OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Rob Jackson
  • Male
  • London
  • United Kingdom
Share

Rob Jackson's Discussions

Goodbye free collection of green waste

Started this discussion. Last reply by Bob Lindsay-Smith May 13. 9 Replies

According to new budget proposals discussed at the last Haringey Cabinet meeting, the free weekly collection of green waste is to end from April 2017.  Instead you will need to opt-in for green waste…Continue

The Clock Tower

Started this discussion. Last reply by Rob Jackson Jan 26, 2015. 1 Reply

I was walking past the clock tower at 4pm today and it chimed 12 times! Looks like someone has left a spanner in the works. If you're passing at 5pm, let us know whether it chimes 13. Continue

 

Rob Jackson's Page

Latest Activity

Rob Jackson replied to Mark Crouch End's discussion Highgate library options for co-location at Jacksons Lane published
"It should be noted that the Highgate library building is included in Haringey's schedule of Locally Listed Buildings. This means, according to the council,  'Additional conservation considerations are given to…"
12 hours ago
Rob Jackson replied to Adrian Essex's discussion Crouch End Universal Post Office Equipment Takeover
"And here's the announcement on UOE's website. Note the proposal to open 7 days a week."
13 hours ago
Rob Jackson replied to Adrian Essex's discussion Harringay Arms to close on 4th July
"Sounds like it's not actually closing but changing ownership. Can't say this surprises me. One of the few times I visited, fairly recently, they had run our of beer completely - can you believe it?"
Jun 26
Rob Jackson replied to Adrian Essex's discussion For fox sake - how do I get rid of them?
Jun 13
Bob Lindsay-Smith replied to Rob Jackson's discussion Goodbye free collection of green waste
"No, no, barcoding would be far too complicated. Just register the DNA of every plant in your garden on the Council website, and a simple lab test will check the contents of your bin."
May 13
Adrian Essex replied to Rob Jackson's discussion Goodbye free collection of green waste
"Mine was collected, and the rest of my street (Fairfield Road). So that's a definite don't know."
May 6
crouchhall replied to Rob Jackson's discussion Goodbye free collection of green waste
"Well my garden waste wasn't collected this week. Has the policy been implemented?"
May 5
Mark Crouch End replied to Rob Jackson's discussion Goodbye free collection of green waste
"Good point Rob. My place (a conversion) has a garden divided into two. If one flat opts in, and the other opts out, how do the binmen identify the individual blades of grass left in the white bags? Maybe barcoding the plants is the answer."
May 3
Rob Jackson replied to Rob Jackson's discussion Goodbye free collection of green waste
"No, it hasn't happened yet. Having agreed the policy it appears they are now trying to puzzle out how to implement it. How will Veolia distinguish between those who have opted in and out? There's talk of yet another wheelie bin…"
May 2
Adrian Essex replied to Rob Jackson's discussion Goodbye free collection of green waste
"Has this happened. There is no reference to it on the website. Have we had a council tax demand yet this year?"
May 2
Rob Jackson replied to Adrian Essex's discussion New hotel to open in Crouch End - and some other stuff
"My reading is that the types of usage defined in the definition of Community Use are examples, not an exclusive list. The 60% is a minimum, not a cap. Presumably the other (up to) 40% usage will be for private functions, including film…"
Apr 5
Rob Jackson replied to Adrian Essex's discussion New hotel to open in Crouch End - and some other stuff
"The CUA is an annex to the main lease, so it only becomes effective when the lease is signed - on 10th Jan 2018."
Apr 5
Rob Jackson replied to Adrian Essex's discussion My favourite exhibition in the Ply Gallery so far until 21/3/17
"Yes, I'll second that. It's certainly different - not the usual sort of exhibition you see in this gallery. I assume this is what is considered to be the latest in contemporary installation art."
Mar 18
Rob Jackson replied to Adrian Essex's discussion Free use of Haringey's Fusion Leisure Centres for over 65's
"And there is a reduced rate (£32 p.m.) for those aged 60 - 64."
Mar 10
Anony Pony replied to Rob Jackson's discussion Goodbye free collection of green waste
"I bet it cost more to manage this new idiotic policy! "
Mar 7
Adrian Essex replied to Rob Jackson's discussion Goodbye free collection of green waste
"Here's a response to the same proposal but in Camden from the Ham and High of 2nd March 2017"
Mar 3

Profile Information

Post Code
N8
Do you live in Crouch End
Yes

Comment Wall

You need to be a member of OpinioN8 to add comments!

Join OpinioN8

  • No comments yet!
 
 
 

© 2017   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service