OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Just had lunch in the Maynard, recently revamped. I enjoyed it.

There was a good selection of real draught cask conditioned beers - I tiried a couple - no doubt I would have enjoyed a third evn more but good sense prevailed.

I ate a burger - and it was good. Others around me had steak sandwiches which came with funny little cream jugs of gravy - we guessed they are designed for dunking, if you pour gravy over a sandwich on a flat wooden board it would go everywhere? The chairs at our table were perfectly and amusingly mismatched .

There were a couple of mothers with babies at a nearby table, but plenty of room for buggies, so its family friendly.

What with waitress service and properly prepared food it's not the cheapest pub around, but certainly comfortable, welcoming, well supplied, smartly decorated, and altogether OK.

Tags: maynard, pub

Views: 85

Replies to This Discussion

Back to the Maynard this evening too, to hear the Occasional Blues Band. Is there something about oubs that is habit forming?

Tried the other two beers available. One excellent, one OK.

I'd suggest they rehang the inner set of doors to swing both ways - at the moment its a complex sort of lych gate arrangement, which has everyone hesitating

RSS

© 2021   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service