Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information
The purpose of this strategy is described as being
"The plan has been prepared to address the investment needs for the Whittington Health estate, and to
address associated strategies including the IT strategy and the Carbon reduction strategy."
The expected savings are described thus
"The Whittington Health estate will be rationalised to release cash to support the trusts financial
position going forward of c£7m. This will be achieved by;
• Ward closures at the main hospital, and a general reduction in outpatient services located on the acute site
• of community premises by improving utilisation of clinic space
• Location of undergraduate education to the Highgate Wing
• The implementation of space charging
• Capping births at 4,000 allowing redevelopment of maternity accommodation within the current CRL over a five year period
• Reduction by 20% of back office accommodation and rationalisation of acute staff based on the acute site into community properties
• Implementation of EPR and paperless working reducing storage of records"
In an associated statement the hospital has also said
"We are also investing £7 million in a new electronic patient record system to enable integrated care"
By my reckoning all the savings therefore go on IT.
"Planned investment over the next five years includes £10 million on maternity services, £2.9 million on a new assessment centre for those who do not require hospital admission and £1.9 million investment in a new education centre."
also included in the Capital estates strategy- statement would seem to be a red herring.