Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information
Today is the day to vote for Tottenham's Blooming Beds & Bees project!
Vote by phone* TODAY for £58,000
0871 626 8842
You can phone this number now and vote up to 10 times
*Calls cost 11p from BT landlines, higher from other providers, and considerably more from mobiles. All call costs will go to charity.
Twitter Hashtag: #pplsmillions
Haringey's 'Blooming Beds and Bees' community project is on ITV’s ‘People’s Millions’, 6pm tonight (Tuesday 28th June)...
Vote by phone TODAY for £58,000 - for Haringey, for our communities, for nature!
0871 626 8842
PLEASE PHONE THIS NUMBER NOW AND VOTE UP TO 10 TIMES *
SUPPORT THE BEE-UTIFUL 'LIVING UNDER ONE SUN' PROJECT, TOTTENHAM!
WHAT’S IT ABOUT? Living Under One Sun’s project, Blooming Beds and Bees, will...
* inspire and educate local schools, community groups and residents in how bees pollinate flowers and help food to grow;
* give them accessible and hands on information on how to supplement their diet with healthy, fresh and affordable food;
* stimulate more growing in gardens, balconies, schools, community centres and local green spaces;
* stimulate the development of more beehives and beekeeping;
* bring all this together for the Blooming Beds and Bees festival and flower show and competitions on Tottenham Marshes next summer - Tottenham’s alternative to the Chelsea Flower Show!
* improve social relationships and community cohesion by bringing people together from different backgrounds and across different generations to make a difference.
WATCH IT! See the broadcast on ITV’s 'London Tonight' at 6pm with details of the project. The project is one of six finalists who are going head to head - the public get to vote on where lottery money should be spent.
VOTE FOR IT! You can vote up to midnight - 10 calls can be made from each phone used.
SPREAD IT! Please forward this email widely and ask everyone you know in Haringey and the UK to vote (up to 10 times)!
Leyla Laksari, from Living Under One Sun, said: “We need as many votes from Haringey as possible to deliver a project that will make a real difference to our community and our hard working bees and pollinators survival. We are based in Northumberland Park and Tottenham Hale which has some of the most deprived wards in Haringey and the country as well as many committed and talented residents and positive community relations. It also has a ‘bees crisis’ as well as a need for more healthy and affordable food.”
Leyla & Living Under One Sun Group & the Bees
* Calls cost 11p from BT landlines, higher from other providers, and considerably more from mobiles. All call costs will go to charity.
BACKGROUND Living Under one Sun is a successful community project based in an award winning community allotment in Tottenham Hale. In May, as a pilot for Blooming Beds and Bees, 90 children from St Francis de Sales School in Northumberland Park walked to Tottenham Marshes and spent a wonderful day with LUOS learning about growing food, recycling, sustainability and reducing the carbon footprint. This summer LUOS has also launched its ‘Buzz about the Bees’ outreach campaign and free training in partnership with Haringey libraries. LUOS is making a huge difference to the community but is run by volunteers and this funding will mean those volunteers can get more support.
I hear that we've won the money for this?! That's wonderful. I'll try and find/post the link.
The project is written up here on Harringay Online and the folks that run it have posted a picture of the celebration