OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Every day I walk past the parade of shops on Weston Park. And 9 out of 10 times there's a massive pile of bin bags and other rubbish piled up around the public bin. 

Every morning, the bags have been ripped open by foxes, their contents spilled out onto pavement and street. In short, it's disgusting, and it needs to stop.

I will keep reporting this to the Council, and it would be really helpful if others on here could do the same. 

Here's a picture from last night - Tuesday 15th: 

And here is how I found it this morning, Wednesday 16th. Lovely, isn't it? 

and this is Thursday morning April 17th

This is what greeted us on Friday 18th  - Good Friday afternoon

Tags: Park, Weston, dumped, fly, rubbish, tip

Views: 1147

Replies to This Discussion

The violet bags are Veolia street sweepings and can be seen in many locations. Maybe they are an excuse for the black bags to be  added to them by fly tippers, or perhaps, given that the problem always occurs outside shops, this is the recognised mechanism for the collection of commercial waste, which is not covered by Haringey/Veolia.

Either way the result is horrible, and one of the benefits of wheely bins is that they are tricky for vermin to get into. Black plastic sacks are clearly counter productive.

Have you got the smartphone app Our Haringey - which might help automate your complaints process. 

Yes, I know the purple bags of doom very well. They are left for days on end, but are not the main problem here.

The fly tipping is. Daily reports are going to the council, and I'll keep updating this post as well for as long as it takes to get the problem fixed permanently. Getting the rubbish cleared every day is not a long term solution. It's a health hazard as well as an eyesore, and needs to be resolved asap. I think it's the flats above the shops as well as the shops themselves who are responsible, but we shall see.

And here is this morning's offering, Saturday April 19th - the foxes have been at it again, health hazard galore:

Sunday morning April 20th here:

The street cleaners were sweeping up the mess when I got there this morning at 8:30 am, so it looked a little better. But he left this lovely bag with a big hole in it so other animals can get in a feast throughout the day. How kind.

Here we are again, happy Tuesday! April 22nd, 8:00 am

Here is Wednesday morning, April 23rd:

And here is this evenings offering at 8:00 pm, ready for the foxes and rats to rip in to in the night:

I've missed a few days, but it's still happening. Here's Saturday April 26th:

And Monday 28th:

And here's this morning's little display, Tuesday 29th:

I seriously can't believe there's not more people engaging in this. There are a few schools nearby, are local parents happy for their kids to wade though this every morning? Are locals around these shops not bothered? The lovely people in the news agents has actually been asked by customers to go out and clean this mess up - and it's not theirs! It's the flats with their food in plastic bags, that foxes and rats feast on in the night. There will be cockroaches soon too, if they're not there already. Do people really care that little? I'm amazed. Or is it just that no one really reads anything on this site?

Have you tried mentioning this to the ward councillors? ed.butcher@haringey.gov.uk katherine.reece@haringey.gov.uk and richard.wilson@haringey.gov.uk 

Forward the url to them http://opinion8.ning.com/forum/topics/the-great-fly-tip-of-weston-p... so that they can see the photos

Done that ages ago. They're aware, and trying to help. It just seems that I am the only one reporting and complaining about this, which to me, being used to harringay online, is plain WEIRD!

Here's the one from Wednesday April 30th

RSS

© 2020   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service