OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Saki - A new addition to Crouch End's Japanese Quarter

I recently went to Saki - the new Japanese restaurant on Tottenham Lane and thought it was worth a mention. It's surrounded by lots of my favourite restaurants - Melange, La Bota, Bistro Aix and I think it is a fairly good addition to the area. 

I had the taster menu which was made up of more dishes than I could count - some delicious Sashimi, some good tempura and some quite good sushi accompanied by a Tiger beer. The food came quickly and the waitress was lovely. It was pretty reasonable at £18 for more food than you could possibly eat - and we had a bag of leftovers to take home. The atmosphere isn't anything particularly special although by the time we left at about 9 it had gone from completely empty to absolutely packed.

If you like Japanese I would definitely recommend giving it a go as you won't leave hungry and you can compare it for yourself to the other Japanese restaurants of Crouch End. 

Tags: Crouch End, Japanese, Restaurants, Saki

Views: 1426

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw a 20 per cent off opening offer advertised on their window today - all Jan & Feb on the a la carte menu I think.

Yes. It will be last until 1st march

I have been there a few times now and have been trying a variety of dishes, some better than others but all I would order again.  What I like most is the variety and originality of the dishes, they are not overly sweet and have some interesting flavors. 

RSS

© 2022   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service