OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Revised Proposals for 161 Tottenham Lane (Hornsey Journal Building)

Planning permission was granted for this site in 2015 which essentially adds a further 2 storeys to the existing two and three new houses in the car park.

It followed a huge response from the local community with many objections to elements of the scheme.

The site has now been sold to a new developer and they have submitted another planning application to make 11 changes to the approved plans. Some of these changes are positive (e.g. retention of existing rear facade) but some do concern me - expanding the sizes of the properties and reducing amenity space in particular.

I've summarised my own concerns where you can also find links to the detailed plans and the Comment Form.

• The deadline is Weds March 16th.

Views: 183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have submitted the following comment, your comments should be submitted here:

This set of plans is hand drawn and somewhat vague. The revised materials are not made clear. The additional accommodation will make the premises ever more crowded at the expense of outdoor recreational space, which is inappropriate. The re-introduction of a rear balcony to overlook the gardens in Fairfield Road was the subject of much negotiation in the earlier round of talks. The new owners should respect these discussions.
I was concerned in the first design about access to the rear of the building past the bins and the bikes. This fear has been reinforced by the Metropolitan Police comments.
I am pleased that the decision has been taken to retain more of the original structure. Any further permission should be conditioned by the need to allow the Arthouse to operate during the day.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service