Christmas Tree Recycling
Help to cut carbon emissions and protect our parkland. When it is time to get rid of your Christmas tree, remember that it can be recycled and the bark shavings used in council gardens.
There are three possible ways to recycle your Christmas tree in Haringey, but before you use any of them please remember to remove all lights and decorations.
- If you receive a green garden waste collection, you can cut your tree into smaller pieces (maximum length 1 metre or 3 feet) and put it out for collection. It is essential that your tree is cut into smaller pieces, otherwise it cannot be collected.
- Christmas trees can also be taken to Haringey's Reuse and Recycling Centres (see the centres opening times section below for more information). Opening times Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am to 4pm, locations Hornsey - 35 High Street, N8 7QB and Tottenham - Park View Road, N17 9AY
- Alternatively, you can take them to designated sites in the following parks from Monday 9 January 2012 until Sunday 29 January 2012:
- Woodside Park (Staff yard) – High Road, N22
- Priory Park (Staff yard) - Barrington Road, N8
- Albert Road Recreation Ground (Staff yard) - Bidwell Gardens, N11
- Down Lane Recreation Ground (Staff yard) - Park View Road, N17
- Downhills Park (Staff yard) - Downhills Park Road, N17
- Bruce Castle Park (Staff yard) - Lordship Lane, N17
- Finsbury Park (Staff yard) - Endymion Road, N4
- The Gardens Community Garden – Doncaster Gardens, N4