Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

#PRO-HDV New Labour Councillors: Wards, meetings and selections …

PRO-HDV New Labour Councillors:

Wards and meetings, “triggers” and selections

E. & O.E., of course!

It's believed to be accurate but in any event I warrant that I have not altered the text. N.B. Those Labour Councillors who are opposed to the HDV do not appear on the above list, whether they be reselected or triggered.

The Party of the Council Majority Group select their candidates in order of their least-unsafe Ward, through least-safe, to un-held. Because of our particular Ward and Borough boundaries and our flawed electoral system, those Cllrs. selected last night (2017 November 8)—by a few dozen Party Members in Ward Labour Party meetings—are likely to become Councillors in May.

The defining issue of the Council and of our Haringey time, is of course the HDV. The above table was supplied to me by a member of public with a keen interest in local government, but not from here.

There is obviously some way to go over the course of this month.

UPDATE: E. & O.E. means errors and omission excepted; following a request to correct a mistake, I have now done so. 

Clive Carter

Haringey Councillor
Liberal Democrat

Tags: HDV, New Labour, SRA, Ward, election, re-election, selection, special responsibility allowance, vote, voting

Views: 861

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well Mark, I'm going to be fascinated to read Labour's campaign literature on the HDV.

As you probably know, in their 2014 Manifesto, Haringey Labour gave no hint of the HDV, let alone did they describe it. They did make one Pledge: to build 250 Council homes. Earlier this year under repeated questioning by one of his colleagues, Cllr. Strickland finally admitted that, we will struggle to achieve that (i.e. it won't happen).

Their position on the HDV is a matter they will have to give their attention to in the coming months.

My guess is that they may not be able to put a Pro-HDV line and may try to get away with keeping shtum. Other parties probably won't be quite so quiet. We LibDems are already circulating a leaflet about the HDV. Expect more from Liberal Democrats.

© 2018   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service