OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

I have received the email below from the LibDems. This BBC report on the next Metropolitan Police Management Board meeting suggests that 3 options will be discussed:

The three options to be presented to senior officers are [1] axing 1,017 PCSO posts, [2] retaining 629 dedicated ward PCSOs to leave the equivalent of one in each London ward or [3] keeping the existing structure.

I often see these civilians in uniform on our streets, but I have no idea of their effectiveness, nor of any cost-benefit analysis. Certainly the LibDems don't help in this respect, their petition is simply a knee jerk reaction based on the fact that they must oppose whatever is proposed. But if you want your email address added to their circulation list for emails of this sort (I quite enjoy them) go ahead and sign the petition.

My feeling is that there may well be a better way to police London than wearing out shoe leather.

Save our neighbourhood police

Dear Adrian,

The Metropolitan Police is considering scrapping all 1,000 Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) working in neighbourhoods across London, including Haringey. The Liberal Democrats in London oppose these plans.

Caroline Pidgeon, the Lib Dem candidate for the Mayor of London, is calling on the Conservative Mayor and the police to scrap these plans. Please sign the petition to save neighbourhood policing in Haringey and across London.

The Liberal Democrats value our neighbourhood policing teams and we are committed to fighting to protect them.

Best wishes,
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/540f5bc6ae6b221236b688e59/images/Gail..." width="200" class="CToWUd"/>
Councillor Gail Engert
Leader of the Oppostion, Haringey Council
Haringey Liberal Democrats
www.haringeylibdems.org

Tags: pcso

Views: 88

Reply to This

© 2021   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service