OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

The Blue Legume is one of my favourite cafes in Crouch End, and now it might just be one of my favourite restaurants, too.

I've been there a few times for an evening meal, usually going for the Moule Frite. However, from Mon-Thurs they now run what they call 'Paella Night', which is basically a Paella for 2 and a bottle of house wine, all for £25.

The good news is that the Paella was very nice (crisped to the bottom of the pan as it should be) and the wine wasn't too bad either. We got bread and olives plus a pudding thrown in for free as well. What's not to like. If you're after a midweek treat then this is a pretty good-value option.

I'm only writing this because the place was empty last night and I'm a bit worried they'll stop opening in the evenings (as they did a year or so ago) if nobody goes.

Rich

Tags: Blue Legume Crouch End, Paella North London, blue legume

Views: 531

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like a good deal, I will try it. Trouble is we are spoiled for choice round here - for instance, I went to the Earl Haig on Saturday night and had some of their pub grub and a few pints whilst taking in Romeo and Juliet set on a caravan site. Top notch. But talking of spoiler alerts (which we weren't), Shakespeare's prologue tells you very precisely that there are not going  to be any happy endings.

This was the youtube ad for the show, which is now over

RSS

© 2021   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service