OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

More disappointing news about the Mountview / Hornsey Town Hall project

Two bits of bad news about the Town Hall project:

1) Stephen Jameson, new boss of the Mountview School of Smoke and Mirrors, says of the project that he is unwilling to be drawn into detail. To quote verbatim from the Broadway Ham and High article "We can't put a timeline on anything" he said, but added fund raising was going ahead. "It is a particularly productive conversation". 'Pshaw' I reply and 'phooey' - this project has been going on for years with no visible evidence of progress. I don't believe there is any progress. See here for more details

2) In an email sent 11 days ago Cllr Jason Arthur wrote to me "I will discuss with Cllr Adam Jogee (the new chair of the Hornsey, Stroud Green and Crouch End Area Forum) about how we can make it [the gateway review on the Town Hall project] available at the next Area Forum" and sure enough, we have the agenda for the next Forum (July 17th) and there it isn't. No Gateway review. A crucial, very expensive to carry out, stop/go decision on the project conducted last December which has yet to be discussed either by the Cabinet or by the good citizens of the area at their Area Forum

Tags: /, Hall, Hornsey, Mountview, Town, project

Views: 466

Replies to This Discussion

Perhaps we should all lobby our new Labour Councillors in Crouch End to see if they have any  clout with the Fuhrers in Wood Green.

Jason Arthur is the Cabinet Member for Culture and Resources!

I am very, very disappointed to hear this.  I have lived in Crouch End for about 20 years and have bemoaned all that time the lack of venues for Crouch Enders to meet in, to hold meetings and have talks. Obviously, its great that we now have our own arts cinema but we still don't  have places to hold meetings that don't cost a lot to hire.   So much could be done with the site for the local community - someone needs some vision here! 

RSS

© 2020   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service