OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Let Lynne know you experience Lynne@lynnefeatherstone.org
Stronger Economy. Fairer Society.http://gallery.mailchimp.com/540f5bc6ae6b221236b688e59/images/Stron..." width="610" class="CToWUd"/>
http://gallery.mailchimp.com/653153ae841fd11de66ad181a/images/trans..." alt="" border="0" class="CToWUd"/>
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for signing the petition to save Hornsey Sorting Office.

For two years, we successfully fought the closure – but unfortunately Royal Mail have finally made the move and the office has closed for good.

Before the closure, they assured us that a good replacement service would be put in place.  They said that delivery of all parcels in the area would be attempted between 7am and 9am in an effort to ensure a high successful delivery rate, and that redelivery would be retried later the next day.

I have been monitoring this pilot scheme since the sorting office closed – and some residents have told me that they face problems and added inconvenience when getting their parcels. They don’t think the replacement service is good enough.

This doesn’t match with Royal Mail’s assessment – they recently told me that the scheme was ‘going well.’

That’s why I’ve called another meeting with Royal Mail chiefs. They said they would provide a proper replacement service, and they must deliver it -  particularly in the run up to Christmas.

Do let me know what your experience of the service has been – whether good or bad. I’ll put all the responses together (anonymously) and present it to Royal Mail when I meet them.

I’ll continue to keep you updated, and to push for a replacement collection facility locally. 

Very best,

[Lynne Featherstone's signature]https://gallery.mailchimp.com/540f5bc6ae6b221236b688e59/images/LFsi..." width="135" class="CToWUd"/> 
Lynne Featherstone
Liberal Democrat MP for Hornsey and Wood Green

P.S.  Please do send me your views on the replacement services offered by Royal Mail - so I can pass them on and give as many examples as possible. 

Tags: delivery, parcel

Views: 194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Last Friday, Oct 17th, I came home in the afternoon to find a card from Royal Mail telling me they had tried to deliver a parcel while I was out and that I could collect it from the new parcels centre in N19.  As I was due to visit a friend in Kentish Town on Monday 20th, I decided to call into this new centre on my way there.

Because of bus diversions while Colney Hatch Lane is closed, I had to take 3 buses to get there.  I could have maybe walked from Archway - it's 3 bus-stops from there which usually equates to about a mile.  I found Station Road alright; it's just south of the Overground Line.  However, the new Parcels Office is right at the end of this road, about another half a mile, it felt like to me!  It was not busy around 12 noon and a jolly and courteous man found my parcel quickly.

So my experience was not unpleasant in that I like exploring London, but it was certainly much less convenient than just popping down Hornsey High St and round into Tottenham Lane, which I could do on foot so it gave me fresh air and exercise at the same time as collecting my parcels.  Getting 3 buses was a bit of bother - good job I'm retired and (in theory) have nothing else to do all day!

RSS

© 2022   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service