OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

The Haringey website has been updated with a news item about Hornsey Town Hall.

Well that's very good, the ratepayers of Haringey deserve to be kept updated.

As far being the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, obviously it isn't, it is a press release with a political spin, so the embarrassing bits of "the whole" are not, perhaps, brought out as fully as they might be.

These you can read rather more of in the Gateway Review document which summarises its findings as "This project is deep in the doo-doo" - obviously that represents my rather jaundiced spin on the state of the project - the words they actually use are the functionally identical 

Delivery Confidence Assessment Amber / Red

The motion which the cabinet ratified on July 15th was to wait until the Autumn for a new set of proposals. 

Read more about it here

I mistimed my arrival at the Cabinet meeting and was too late to hear the Town Hall item, but I am informed that, to his great credit, one of our new councillors and Cabinet member, Jason Arthur, did speak out and propose that the public in future be kept better informed of proceedings at the Town Hall, a consummation devoutly to be wished.

Tags: hornsey town hall

Views: 182

Replies to This Discussion

If you'd like to see what actually happens at Cabinet then the full videocast is available here http://bit.ly/1oDIef5

The item on Hornsey Town Hall runs from 22m 15seconds to 25m 55 seconds. Councillor Arthur makes the point about communications with Crouch Enders, and is backed up by Cllrs Strickland and MacNamara. Watch this pace

Thee is to be an informal HTH meetup/picnic on Saturday Aug 16th at 4pm to which all our welcome.

More immediate activity is to be seen on the HTH Facebook group.

RSS

© 2022   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service