OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Along with its OJEU documents Haringey has published a list of 'interested parties', i.e. groups or individuals who expressed an interest prior to the OJEU launch of participating in some way in the tender for the building. You can see this list as the last two pages of this official document or in the images below (which are a bit tricky to read).

Here's my assessment of what these groups might be bringing to the party. The overall score is a gude for developers - you chaps should ring / email / wine and dine the high scorers to earn brownie points with the community, a group whom Haringey say they want to please.

In the order of my preference, and colour coded Red (no go) Yellow (maybe) and Green (get in touch) here's my assessment.

ANA Arts Projects LTD

ANA arrived at the Town Hall to some scepticism, sprung upon us by LBH in their typical shoot first, aim later fashion, but are now well established favourites who have made a huge success of their tenure.

If I were a developer, I'd be setting up meetings.

Commercial Credibility 9/10

Track Record 6/10

Community Standing 8/10

Overall 9/10

Collage Arts 1985

These are the people who run the Chocolate Factory in Wood Green. Why has Haringey not brokered meetings with ANA and HTHAS, LYST and others to hammer out a way forward without this awful OJEU nonsense. Optional explanations 1) Collage Arts have very serious flaws, or 2) Haringey has its head stuck up its arse. I know where my money lies

Commercial Credibility 7/10

Track Record 7/10

Community Standing 7/10

Overall 7/10

Secret Group Ltd 2005

This is the group that runs the Secret Cinema. Hugely successful, and not the only string to its bow. Reading their offering in the OJEU document they might well be a rival to (or a collaborator with) ANA. Well worth a call for any developer.

Commercial Credibility 9/10

Track Record 9/10

Community Standing 4/10

Overall 8/10

The London Youth SupportTrust

This is a well established trust helping young entrepreneurs, which has two centres in Haringey. If the Trust had an apprenticeship scheme, then could an imaginative and progressive local authority, or community minded developer, not harness some of the energy to provide the labour needed to refurbish the Town Hall, at relatively low financial cost, but with huge socail gain?

Commercial Credibility 8/10

Track Record 8/10

Community Standing 7/10

Overall 8/10

Hornsey Town HallCommunity InterestCompany 

A theme that's emerged as I've written these analyses is the need for a broker to bring together the different interested parties and the developer. It is just possible that the later stages of OJEU (competitive dialogue) might bring this about spontaneously. In the meantime everyone should get in touch with HTHAS who have perhaps the clearest view of what is going on, and the clearest community mandate

Commercial Credibility 0/10

Track Record 3/10

Community Standing 10/10

Overall 9/10

Middlesex University

A huge organisation with 40,000 students. Clearly it has some gumption with 3 overseas campuses in much sunnier climes than Hendon. But if I were a developer, I'd think at least twice before committing to an organisation subject to political interference.

Track Record 7/10

Community Standing 5/10

Overall 6/10

London Farmers Market 1999

There has been a campaign for many years to have a Farmer's Market in Front of the Town Hall for many years now. Let us hope that the space remains available

Track Record 7/10

Community Standing 3/10

Overall 5/10
Peter Grahame Walsingham An influential local of long standing.  apotential tenant for whatever emerges.

Track Record 7/10

Community Standing 5/10

Overall 5/10

Urban Social Enterprise,C.I.C2012

An architect looking for work?

Track Record 0/10

Community Standing 0/10

Overall 0/10

No name - will create an

SPV

?

Track Record 0/10

Community Standing 0/10

Overall 0/10

Border Crossings

Border Crossings looks as though it might go somewhere, which might be Hornsey Town Hall.

Commercial Credibility 3/10

Track Record 3/10

Community Standing 3/10

Overall 2/10

Burgers @ Ltd

This is a company which runs burger places. It's less than a year old. I had lunch  there the first day of trading. They clearly plan to expand and Burgers@N8 is just a start. If I were a developer wondering what to do with the car park, I'd get in touch

Commercial Credibility 4/10

Track Record n/a

Community Standing 4/10

Overall 3/10

Tags: hornsey town hall, interested parties, ojeu

Views: 168

Reply to This

© 2021   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service