OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Hi

I'm doing an MA in Photography and Urban Cultures at Goldsmiths College and I'm looking for a group of young people to take part in a research project over the summer : it's about how young people use camera phones and it will consist of a series of workshops where we look at photography and editing and will culminate in a project produced by the young people themselves! The work will form part of my dissertation for submission in September 2011.

I wondered if there are any local youth groups out there that would be interested in me coming in to run some sessions during the summer holidays?

I'd be glad of your thoughts! Can send through further info if there's any interest out there? Just to add I'm a film-maker with lots of experience of working with young people and am CRB checked!

Thanks,

Claire

Views: 143

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Claire, I just joined this group so I could reply to your posting.

I'm a Fine artist in N4 who also works with digital media, photography, software etc. (I make websites). 

My photography is part of my living.

I had a conversation with a friend today who argued, unreasonably in my view, that your proposal seemed superficial.

He is not particularly involved with visual art, despite knowing me, my work and that of others. He is, however, a great guy. Actively involved in many local issues.

Would it be possible for you to send me a more detailed outline of your ideas?

I realise you must be under pressure to get your dissertation done (I've worked as a lecturer with quite a few Goldsmith

lecturers in the past) but it might prove interesting.

Personally, I think you might have a very interesting idea about the way young teens use their cameras on their mobiles.

Hi Paul

I've just asked to be your friend so I can direct message you with further details... thanks, Claire

RSS

© 2022   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service