OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

The site on Park Road next to Change of Heart (empty a while, most recently a short-lived art café i think) is under refurbishment and set to open as a health food shop called Crouch End Greens. #n8shopsunderrepair

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Life is like a vocabulary test, nowadays, set by Tweedledum and Tweedledee. Is this organisation in fact a political party, like Crouch End Labour and Haringey LibDems? Or is that just an overtone we might or might not detect, what in modern parlance is called 'dog whistle'?

To me 'greens' are cabbage, sprouts, peas and beans, which, back in the days of austerity, when there no bananas in the shops, petrol was rationed and there was no wood to make proper furniture, were what you got to make up meat and two veg.  Nowadays austerity simply seems to mean the handouts are a bit less generous.

But on this billboard 'greens' encompasses fresh fruit. The slightly blurry image inserted in CEG, I'm pretty sure is a pineapple. Possibly a bit exotic for an age obsessed about air miles. 

"Natural Nuts" - I've looked it up, and yes , there is a process for manufacturing nuts by deep frying flour. But that doesn't really make them un-natural.

And "Vegan" gets a place, way down the list. Is there fresh fruit and veg that is not vegan? Or is there vegan that is not fruit and veg? A by-product from an oil distillery that is also edible? Certainly plant based , and certainly not fresh.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service