OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

More Crouch End pubic house news.

As noticed on the facebook, the Alex appears to have changed ownership - now falling under the wing of Jimmy McGrath - he currently of the Alma in Newington Green (a regular in London’s “pub of the year” award ceremonies), the Old Eagle in Camden Road (great pub), and the newly re-done Pink Willy in Hampstead... and landlord at the glorious Richard Steeles in its pomp. This bodes very well indeed.

http://thealmapubn1.com/the-alex-crouch-end

The new people at the Henry Reader and the Harringay should get a move on.

Tags: The Alex

Views: 222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great news! The Alex has had a bit of up and down history over the last few years. I have had some of the best food in Crouch End there, as well as some of the most disappointing.

Not sure if it was the ownership or trouble holding onto a good chef. Fingers crossed for this time round and that it flourishes!

(PS Sorry about the multiple post, all I was seeing at this end was a '500' error message)

The '500' error seems to be the new standard response from Ning. Either that or 'resource not found' . Both less than helpful responses to a successful post. I'll raise a ticket. And then perhaps a pint.

chatted as I passed on Friday and was told they were having a special opening at 4.30 then would be open that evening and every day in future   I too look forward to that having had good food and a pleasant welcome when we had meetings there arranging he first Crouch End Festivals, as Adrian will also remember!

RSS

© 2017   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service