OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Don't panic, Don't panic - it's only an empty shop or two - @HaringeyLibDems #LiveableCrouchEnd

There is a timely article in the Ham and High about the increasing rate of shop closures in Crouch End. Sam Volpe has quotes from a number of local people about various approaches that might be taken. Parking and Liveable Neighbourhoods get a mention.

The final paragraph is rather interesting:

A [London Borough of Haringey] spokesperson also said "significant investment programmes" in CCTV, broadband infrastructure and shop fronts was under way and that the council is "planning to increase resources to support the town centres in the west of the borough".

I'd heard nothing of this significant investment. Does any one else have details?

Tags: liveable crouch end

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cllr Joseph Ejiofor, leader of Haringey Council, said: "Our council is committed to ensuring that money recycles around the Haringey economy as many times as possible … [etc]"

I was disappointed at the alleged remarks of the council leader (above). Whenever a statement from the council starts with the hackneyed PR formula, the council is committed to [x], one can be sure of the following:

• a problem has been brought to the council's attention
  • the statement is free-of-content, if not meaningless
  • it is vague, un-falsifiable and generally untestable
  • either, the council does not know what to do, or
  • if the council knows what to do, it won't be done soon, if at all

"Significant investment programmes" – if they mean the CE Liveable Neighbourhood Scheme, why not say so? If not, what then? I look forward to the day in the future when Haringey PR provides factual statements.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service