OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Apropos the library - I have just seen this on Facebook - it was Andrew's picture that has prompted to repeat it - I have heard nothing to this effect.

Can anyone shed any light on the rumour that the library's days are numbered? I have been going there for 20 years. Extremely friendly staff and an oasis of calm. It would be such a loss.

Tags: closure, library, rumour

Views: 272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I really really hope this is false information. I would like to think there would be one hell of a protest should this go ahead.

I have had an email from Jason Arthur -one of our Crouch End councillors - see below

Re. Hornsey library – the rumour is false. There are no plans to close Hornsey Library. We have made political commitment to keep all nine libraries open across the borough. At a time of significant financial challenge for the council (we will need to find c£70m over the next four years), we are actually having conversations on how we can invest further in our libraries so that they really become community hubs (building on the excellent work that already happens). A report will likely be going to Cabinet in the new year setting out plans in more detail.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service