OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

All Discussions Tagged 'tree' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ah - borey cultural - @haringeycouncil

Looks as though Haringey is one of the 8 London Boroughs that has not chipped in with data for the Mayor of London's tree map KFH on the ot…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Jul 23, 2019

Abyssinia in all the old familiar places

The Hornsey Housing Trust (HHT) owns a building on Weston Park called Abyssinia Court. A long time ago trees were planted in the small spac…

Started by Adrian Essex

1 Jan 26, 2018
Reply by Adrian Essex

Tree Survey in the Town Hall Square - disease is rife

I spoke to a lady in the Town Hall Square today who told me she is a tree surveyor. Her colleague had clambered inside some crowd control b…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Dec 9, 2015

Photography Competition - Win lunch for two

PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION Win lunch for two in Crouch End’s Coffee Cake One of the greatest pleasures of living in N8 is the abundance of won…

Started by OpinioN8 Administrator

3 Oct 13, 2014
Reply by Sally Mustoe

Trees - old and new and collapsing

The story about the leafless tree on Crouch End's village green presaged a few others. The Haringey consultation about tree planting strate…

0 Sep 19, 2013

Haringey tree planting strategy

In timely fashion after a local tree shows signs of decline, Haringey is embarking on a "Protecting the Borough's Trees' strategy.  Please…

0 Sep 13, 2013

Aged relic in danger of being removed

This poor old tree looks a bit worn out. I'd never noticed it before, I guess my eye being drawn to its leafy neighbours. Safety should…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Sep 5, 2013

Shock Haringey Plan to end the lives of the terminally diseased

OpinioN8 has received the following email from Haringey's arboricultural department: "Planned tree maintenance works will be carried out ov…

Started by Adrian Essex

2 Nov 6, 2012
Reply by Adrian Essex

RSS

© 2022   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service