OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

All Discussions Tagged 'library' (21)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Zen and the art of pond maintenance

Here is a truly lovely suggestion from one of our LibDem councillors. I saw the workmen, brutally, as I thought, removing the growth from t…

Started by OpinioN8 Administrator

1 Aug 22, 2013
Reply by Adrian Essex

A surprisingly good Haringey Budget consultation event in Hornsey Library

I went to the Budget consultation event - the meeting in: Hornsey Library on 11th January Having read the bad press about the meetings (poo…

Started by Adrian Essex

1 Jan 18, 2012
Reply by OpinioN8 Administrator

Free app puts libraries online - never buy another book!

Free app puts libraries online Wednesday 12 October 2011 A new free libraries app for Haringey has been launched, giving people instant a…

Started by OpinioN8 Administrator

3 Oct 18, 2011
Reply by Adrian Essex

Proposed Haringey Library Closures on Sunday

Since the discussion in this thread I have been in communication with Haringey about the purpose and result of the survey on Sunday closure…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Jul 22, 2011

Tension in the library

The letter below appeared in this weeks Hornsey Journal. For the purposes of this note I will assume it is an accurate record of what happe…

Started by Adrian Essex

4 Jun 10, 2011
Reply by Adrian Essex

Another Crouch End business to close - @pieceofplenty

From Twitter @pieceofplenty: sad to say i'm closing the cafe in Hornsey Library end June/hopefully a re-incarnation/talks with Haringey/an…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Jun 10, 2011

Library Opening Hours (and other things) Consultation

The text pasted in below is the essence of a questionnaire attached to the bottom of the http://www.haringey.gov.uk/data/libraries page. I…

Started by Adrian Essex

9 May 19, 2011
Reply by Adrian Essex

Crouch End Library Closure

Haringey has proposed closing some libraries on Sundays and there is a thread relating to the consultation on this site The Lib Dem respons…

Started by Adrian Essex

6 Apr 18, 2011
Reply by Suzi Livingstone

Library / Community Hub / Ideas Store

The future of libraries? A mildly ironic email from a freeconomist.   "as of yesterday, cd and dvd rental is free from the library, or, ide…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Apr 15, 2011

Well Done Haringey - online resources

Haringey libraries provide a wealth of informational resources online - for a list see here. Newly added is Theory Test Pro which surely mu…

Started by Adrian Essex

1 Mar 31, 2011
Reply by CrouchEnd Cupcake

RSS

© 2021   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service