OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

All Discussions Tagged 'earl haig memorial hall' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Earl Haig is assuredly an Asset of Community Value - but does anyone care?

Community busybodies the Crouch End Neighbourhood Forum have nominated the Earl Haig Memorial Hall as an Asset of Community Value and Harin…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 May 1, 2019

Earl Haig - has never been over the top, but Antic are now beating a retreat

I have it from a usually unreliable source that the Earl Haig has been sold by Antic the pub chain that has been running it in the recent p…

Started by Adrian Essex

7 Jan 6, 2019
Reply by Dansette Dave

Proposed Redevelopment of the Earl Haig Memorial Hall

There are two apparently identical applications on the Haringey website to demolish the Hall and to redevelop the site 1897   and 1898 so t…

Started by OpinioN8 Administrator

5 Jan 29, 2013
Reply by Adrian Essex

Earl Haig Memorial Hall - the planning application - a formal, well argued and authoritative objection

Much of Crouch End is in a conservation area, i.e. an area most aspects of which  deserve to be conserved so that there are restrictions on…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Nov 2, 2012

Earl Haig Memorial Hall - a community asset?

In this recent item there were a couple of what I thought were misunderstandings, namely 1) The council must find a solution that benefits…

Started by Adrian Essex

2 Oct 8, 2012
Reply by Adrian Essex

More developments at the Royal British Legion, Elder Avenue

A local group of interested citizens has made a planning application to Haringey on the Earl Haig Memorial Hall which does no more than to…

Started by Adrian Essex

2 May 9, 2012
Reply by Simon Lillystone

More goings on at the British Legion - Rights of Passage? Due Diligence?

I was passing the former British Legion building at about 2 o'clock yesterday when a little knot of people emerged. I know one of them was…

Started by Adrian Essex

7 Apr 20, 2012
Reply by Adrian Essex

Burning the midnight oil at the old British Legion

There's something happening at the Earl Haig Memorial Hall - the front room in the wing on the right hand side has been cleaned up and lit…

Started by Adrian Essex

2 Mar 13, 2012
Reply by David Barry

The Parish Pump - Earl Haig, Arts Festival, S106 and St Ann

I attended the Crouch End, Stroud Green and Hornsey Area Forum and Committee on Monday 26th September 2011 and one of the features of the e…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Sep 29, 2011

Community Consortium needed to rescue derelict British Legion Building

I still believe that the old British Legion building in Elder Avenue could provide a worthwhile community facility, especially if used imag…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Sep 22, 2011

RSS

© 2020   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service