OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Forum Discussions (2,542)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

British Legion - Earl Haig Memorial Hall

A huge for sale board has gone up outiside the now disused building. See here  I did hear a rumour that it is already sold to adeveloper. I…

Started by Adrian Essex in N8 news, information and views

5 Apr 13, 2011
Reply by Adrian Essex

Safer Neighbourhoods Team

Attached is the Safer Neighbourhoods Team Newsletter for November.I will highlight a couple of things I noticed about it.Firstly there is a…

Started by Adrian Essex in Policing, Crime & Local Safety

0 Nov 5, 2010

Speed Cameras

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/04112010/36/world-s-most-extreme-speed-camera-0.htmlEven though I am one, I hold motoritss in some contempt. Unins…

Started by Adrian Essex in Policing, Crime & Local Safety

0 Nov 5, 2010

Planning Application 2 Fairfield Road - HGY/2010/2017

A planning application under reference HGY/2010/2017 has been submitted for the plot of land which currently supports some unsightly and no…

Started by Adrian Essex in Miscellaneous

0 Nov 3, 2010

Help Haringey deliver a credit union by pledging now

Haringey Council is calling on residents to help deliver a Credit Union to the borough. The council has been working with Islington and Ci…

Started by Liz Ixer in Haringey news, information and views

1 Nov 4, 2010
Reply by Ivan O'Pinion

Welcome

Hey Adrian, good job.Great to see another new site. Along with Bowes & Bounds and stroudgreen.org, that's four locally now.

Started by Harringay Online in Haringey news, information and views

0 Nov 2, 2010

Twitter (to boldly go)

I have struggled a couple of times to use Twitter, but all I generally seem to get are streams of drivel, put about by halfwits. Until last…

Started by Adrian Essex in Ideas, Issues, Innovation

0 Nov 2, 2010

24 hour liquor licensing

I read the article about a 24 hour licence having been granted to Fresco (a convenience store newly re-opened by the roundabout at the junc…

Started by Mac Heath in Local Politics

0 Nov 2, 2010

Revised plans of new 3 storey block of flats at 115-119 Park Road N8 8JN (formerly Bar Apogee)

Yesterday I received a standard letter from Planning and Regeneration, Haringey Council, re the above:http://www.planningservices.haringey.…

Started by Anne Soderman in Local Politics

2 Oct 31, 2010
Reply by Anne Soderman

Hijacking

I enjoyed this story of an unintended consequence. Croydon council has gone to a lot of trouble to provide a wonderfully graphic mechanism…

Started by Mac Heath in Haringey consultations

0 Oct 31, 2010

RSS

© 2017   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service