OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Forum Discussions (3,077)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Topsfield Schmopsfield - what's in a name

I've never really worried about what our local shopping area streets are called, or where this parade ends and that parade begins, but I've…

Started by Adrian Essex in Shops

0 Nov 6

Detached from reality - the bohemians of Crouch End or the world's property developers @HTH_CrouchEnd

There's an article in a recent Guardian (not my first choice of newspaper, I was reading it for a friend) about the sale of flats at Centre…

Started by Adrian Essex in Local Politics

0 Nov 5

A rhapsodic video tribute to Crouch End, especially the fountain that doesn't work

This tribute to Crouch End has been compiled by Peter Bradshaw who appears to be interested in films. There is some evidence to suggest he…

Started by Adrian Essex in Recreation

0 Nov 4

CEWT - Crouch End Winter Time - @haringeycouncil @crouchendfest @crouchendforum

Wait, Rose, it's still only two hours ago. I heard yesterday that a local community group had been granted access to the Clock Tower. I kno…

Started by Adrian Essex in Transport and utilities

0 Nov 1

I'm quite cross about these roadworks , too @CrouchEndLD

I understand that if a water main bursts, then it may be necessary to dig up a roadway at some inconvenience to traffic; that if part of a…

1 Oct 22
Reply by Rob Jackson

The stationary finger points, and having pointed gets updated

Is Crouch End well signposted? If not should it be? What I mean is , not that there should be signs pointing to Crouch End from hundreds of…

0 Oct 18

Beds and borders at Hornsey Town Hall @HTHArtsCentre

Looks to me as though planting has been going on around the edges of the green at Hornsey Town Hall. When I find out who is responsible for…

2 Oct 18
Reply by David Winskill

Ward Budgets - £9,500 to improve the well-being of the local community, environment or economy

Dear Adrian, Do you know a local group, charity or business that would be a worthy recipient of a local grant? As your loc…

0 Oct 16

Welcome to the Mathnasium

Send us your children, you have nothing to fear...  come and get your lollipops, lollipops, come along my little ones. (formerly Muddy Boo…

Started by Mark Crouch End in Shops

4 Oct 10
Reply by Adrian Essex

Hampstead Heath events by Act of Parliamnet

Andrew Smith‏ @andrewsmithwest More The @cityofLondon now seems to be operating under new legislation which gives it more capacity to…

Started by Adrian Essex in Recreation

2 Oct 10
Reply by Adrian Essex

RSS

© 2018   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service