OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Forum Discussions (3,015)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bruce Castle gets a makeover - it's a grade 1 listed building

Thanks to Rachella of NoelParkNet for this info about Bruce Castle, Tottenham's only grade I listed building. Did you know that Bruce Cast…

Started by Adrian Essex in Recreation

0 17 hours ago

#FINSBURY Park: Review of the Wireless Licence

MY representation to the Licensing Authority’s review of the License issued for Major Events at Finsbury Park is attached below as a pdf.…

Started by Clive Carter in Local Politics

15 yesterday
Reply by Clive Carter

Kerb your enthusiasm - street food comes to Crouch End

Make a date in your diary for 25th August 2018. What, wait a minute, you already have. I'll be in Delft that day, you'll still be away on h…

Started by Adrian Essex in Eating and Drinking

2 on Thursday
Reply by Mark Crouch End

#WIGHTMAN Road and Alroy Road: Proposed Safety and Accessibility Improvements: comments closing

MANY residents of Hornsey and beyond, use or know of Wightman Road. It runs for just over a mile, just east of and parallel with the railw…

Started by Clive Carter in Local Politics

1 Aug 14
Reply by Clive Carter

Crouch End Post Office

Life moves on and things change sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worst.  The new post office in Crouch End is very different.…

Started by Lyn Weber in Shops

5 Aug 14
Reply by Denise Hambry

MEB - unassuming but ever helpful - and now evicted.

I have often praised MEB on this site, and added them as a recommendation on Facebook. No longer , alas. The unassuming little side alley b…

Started by Adrian Essex in Shops

0 Aug 14

Crouch End Wikipedia Page - a hive of activity

Did you know Crouch End has a Wikipedia page. It's got the Bob Dylan "Is Dave in?" story and the Stephen King visit on it. And of course yo…

Started by Adrian Essex in Recreation

5 Aug 13
Reply by Mark Crouch End

Cannons downsizing

Cannons announced the closure of the restaurant on 22 July. The takeaway has reopened after a refurb and is open for business once again. …

Started by N8Princess in Shops

1 Aug 13
Reply by Adrian Essex

Haringey Civic Centre Listing - it's leaning to the left

In a bizarre development Haringey's Civic Centre has been listed Grade II.  I say it's bizarre because a listing if this sort is almost cer…

Started by Adrian Essex in Local Politics

6 Aug 10
Reply by Mark Crouch End

Can get fitter than a Kwik Fit fitter

The 163 Tottenham Lane project rumbles on, unconcerned with the passing of time, striving for greater things... people may have seen a new…

Started by Mark Crouch End in Miscellaneous

2 Aug 10
Reply by Mark Crouch End

RSS

© 2018   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service