OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Shops (203)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Local Pharmacies – use them or lose them!

I received today a circular, in the form of an unaddressed letter delivered by the postman, offering a service to have “your NHS repeat pre…

Started by Sean Boyle

1 Mar 20
Reply by Adrian Essex

New shop opening: Hardware & DIY store where Riley's used to be

The new fit-out has started already.  With Bishops and Patels very close by and well-established, I wonder how this one will fare. And will…

Started by N8Princess

12 Mar 11
Reply by graham B

Bishop's - a blessing to those with arcane hardware needs

I've been working on a project to restore a writing slide to something like its former glory. I've polished the brass, rubbed down and waxe…

Started by Adrian Essex

1 Feb 26
Reply by Adrian Essex

Thomerson's in Middle Lane does not have a Twitter account

So I can't tag them in this headline, and probably explains why they are closing down. Rent can't be blamed for this one as they own the fr…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Feb 22

Peak Caffeine?

Another café on Crouch Hill. Next to Foxy Groomers and next door but one to Coffee Circus! Think the precious tenant was the Turkish gift s…

Started by N8Princess

2 Feb 21
Reply by Adrian Essex

Our local heritage - on a list - @haringeycouncil @crouchendforum

Read about the latest proposed additions to and deletions from the Local Heritage List. Buildings which are almost important enough to be n…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Feb 11

Another closure - Santander

Santander has just announced the closure of 140 branches. This includes the Crouch End branch, which will close on 4 July.

Started by Rob Jackson

4 Jan 25
Reply by Mark Crouch End

Gemma at Avalon Hair, Weston Park

Gemma did me a lovely haircut but then left Avalon. I’d love to find where she’s gone to! I realise this sounds very shallow but a good hai…

Started by MrsElsie

0 Jan 18

Another shop goes bust

Cassius & Coco in Park Road has been repossessed by the landlord for non-payment of rent..  

Started by Rob Jackson

3 Jan 2
Reply by Adrian Essex

Paul Saxton - Paul the Paper

Not sure if anyone else saw the Facebook post yesterday on Crouch End Appreciation Society, but Paul Saxton who sells the newspapers from t…

Started by Simon Tanner

0 Dec 22, 2018

RSS

© 2019   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service