OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Local Politics (607)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Local Democracy in Action - Parks petition triggers full Haringey council debate

A local community organisation Haringey Friends of Parks Forum has obviously worked very hard this year to trigger a debate of the full cou…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Sep 9, 2011

Controversial planning application at car wash site on Tottenham Lane, Crouch End

There is a new proposal to demolish KwikFit next to the old journal offices and build a block of flats and some shops.

Started by Adrian Essex

9 Aug 25, 2011
Reply by Adrian Essex

Haringey buys some new computers

Contract for the Supply of Desktop and Laptop Hardware and Associated Professional Services View the reasons why item 17. is restricted…

Started by OpinioN8 Administrator

6 Aug 19, 2011
Reply by Clive Carter

"MPs have been recalled to discuss the riots in the House of Commons"

- quote from BBC radio this morning - you'd think they'd know better

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Aug 11, 2011

Rileys Ice Cream Parlour/ Links Homes estate agent - which would you prefer

Rileys ice cream parlour was recently refused planning permission, it having started trading without going through this formality. The full…

Started by Adrian Essex

17 Aug 2, 2011
Reply by CrouchEnd Cupcake

Someone should do something about it!

Baroness Newlove (her husband was killed by a mob of yobs) has produced a report.  I reproduce here an extract from her introduction. I thi…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Jul 25, 2011

Pinkham Way application on hold

Pinkham Way application on hold  Tuesday 19 July 2011 The submission of a plan to build a waste processing plant in Pinkham Way has been pu…

Started by OpinioN8 Administrator

0 Jul 19, 2011

The select committee Westminster phone hacking farce

I've enjoyed watching Montgomery Burns and Smithers facing the select committee. Montgomery is a bit past it and actually gave answers such…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Jul 19, 2011

Localism / planning / change of use

I'm a bit confused. OpinioN8 has been looking at change of use lately and is not completely satisfied. In respect of Riley's, the mood seem…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Jul 17, 2011

Area Forum (and Committee) - feedback and improvement

I went to the first Crouch End, Hornsey and Stroud Green Area Forum and Committee on 27th June and have since received the email quoted bel…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Jul 9, 2011

RSS

© 2018   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service