OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Local Politics (602)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Crouch End and Muswell Hill Post Offices to close or be franchised

A list of 42 loss-making branches has been released by the Post Office and many could now face closure.  The under fire branches will go ou…

Started by Adrian Essex

1 Jan 21, 2016
Reply by Adrian Essex

Haringey changes its spots - evolution in action

Let's start here by talking about something few people understand. The way in which local authorities (LA) are funded. First thoughts turn…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Jan 21, 2016

Community run Haringey building wins national award

No, not Hornsey Town Hall but the Antwerp Arms in Bruce Castle Park which has won CAMRA North London's Pub of the Season. The pub is now ru…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Jan 16, 2016

Haringey plans to reroute Crossrail 2 so it can rebuild Wood Green

OpinioN8 has just received the email below from Save Ally Pally. My reading of the consultation choice doesn't expose a clear difference be…

Started by Adrian Essex

3 Jan 8, 2016
Reply by Mark Crouch End

Important Art Deco building in Haringey to get a new lease of life

No, sorry, not the Hornsey Town Hall, but the former North Metropolitan Power and Electricity Company which is somewhere in Wood Green. Acc…

Started by Adrian Essex

1 Jan 7, 2016
Reply by Adrian Essex

The under 8s paly area in Stationers' Park - a petition

There is a petition on the Haringey website - asking the council to fix the problems in the under 8s play area in the park. The full text i…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Dec 30, 2015

Tree Survey in the Town Hall Square - disease is rife

I spoke to a lady in the Town Hall Square today who told me she is a tree surveyor. Her colleague had clambered inside some crowd control b…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Dec 9, 2015

@tesco local community grants - apply by 11th December

Does your community organisation qualify for a grant? This quote is taken from the Groundwork website which is administering the distribut…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Dec 3, 2015

Do we need PCSOs? The LibDems say Yes

But it is of course the LibDem habit just to oppose everything so they have to have a go at this policy too. Is there actually any evide…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Nov 30, 2015

Hornsey Town Hall - interested parties

Along with its OJEU documents Haringey has published a list of 'interested parties', i.e. groups or individuals who expressed an interest p…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Nov 30, 2015

RSS

© 2018   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service