OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Local Politics (536)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Does any of us know any of the Hornsey Town Hall Arts Centre people?

FEC have announced that "The Time + Space Co. led by Crouch Ender Piers Read has been appointed arts operator for the Grade II* Listed Horn…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Oct 19

Sums to be invested in Hornsey Town Hall - #HTHbaddeal

The Hong Kong based Cayman Islands registered mutli-billion pound development company Far East Consortium has announced a set of figures fo…

Started by Adrian Essex

1 Oct 18
Reply by Mark Crouch End

Boundary Commission - good news for Stroud Green

Today saw the publication of the revised Boundary Commission proposal for the reorganisation of parliamentary seats. Under their original p…

Started by Paul Soper

4 Oct 17
Reply by Mark Crouch End

#HDV | quiet contact with Lendlease: Cabinet Member and the Shadow Board

BEFORE the key Meeting of 3 July—that gave Cabinet go-ahead for the HDV—there had been repeated contact with Lendlease. A Freedom of Inform…

Started by Clive Carter

2 Oct 14
Reply by Clive Carter

A business threatened by “Regeneration”

"We actually make stuff!" – Brian Dossett, MD of DW. EARLIER this month, Councillor Bob Hare and I were kindly given an impromptu guided…

Started by Clive Carter

0 Oct 12

Conservation, nostalgia and the march of progress

There is a petition doing the rounds just at present headed " Help Make Conservation Matter In Crouch End". I find myself somewhat out of t…

Started by Adrian Essex

4 Oct 10
Reply by Richard Downes

#HDV | article in *Vice* that lifts the lid on the lobbying of London Councillors

TODAY's article in Vice lifts the lid on certain lobbying of Councillors, including current Members of the Haringey New-Labour Council Cabi…

Started by Clive Carter

5 Oct 4
Reply by Alan Stanton

Corbyn, regeneration, 'the many not the property developers' - #HTHbaddeal @2billiongamble

From Jeremy Corbyn's speech yesterday.  Am I missing something or would this apply  to the decanting of tenants under the proposed HDV, and…

Started by Adrian Essex

1 Sep 28
Reply by Clive Carter

"engaging the community" - FEC - #HTHbaddeal #HTHobject

From the cabinet papers 18th October 2016: "That‟s why I‟m [Alan Strickland]  pleased that the recommended bidder has made clear commitment…

Started by Adrian Essex

1 Sep 27
Reply by Adrian Essex

It beggars belief - FEC contempt - #HTHbaddeal #HTHobject

Bloody ages ago FEC won a procurement process to buy a very long lease for a very low price on Hornsey Town Hall. Obviously the underlying…

Started by Adrian Essex

1 Sep 26
Reply by Clive Carter

RSS

© 2017   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service