OpinioN8

Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Local Politics (443)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is this any way to treat a Grade II* listed building

It surely is beneath the dignity of our Town Hall and its iconic (the symbols all represent aspects of our wooded past) bronze doors. Surel…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Jul 2

# “Other” … the Osborne Grove Nursing Home

DEPENDING on one's point of view, the Osborne Grove Nursing Home is a large, valuable site attractive to developers, or a vital public serv…

Started by Clive Carter

2 Jul 2
Reply by Clive Carter

#HDV | Cllr. Alan Strickland gives a one-sided view

Dear General Public, On 24 June 2017, the Cabinet Member for Housing and for Regeneration—and for Planning also—wrote a lengthy attempted…

Started by Clive Carter

2 Jun 28
Reply by Adrian Essex

Question Haringey's Chaotic Development Plans

Hi there lovely local people,  Here on Bradley Road we're worried about Haringey's chaotic development plans. We're really concerned about…

Started by CatHowarth

13 Jun 27
Reply by Alan Stanton

#HDV now *unsupported* by more than half the Council

THURSDAY's Council Labour Group vote on the HDV saw a reduction in the level of support for the proposal for the high-risk Haringey Develop…

Started by Clive Carter

2 Jun 21
Reply by Clive Carter

#HDV “Lendlease covering up serious incidents on Barangaroo worksite, former safety manager says”

FROM* six months ago: “Lendlease covering up serious incidents on Barangaroo worksite, former safety manager says” LINK *ABC is the Austra…

Started by Clive Carter

0 Jun 19

Concrete lorries fall at the second hurdle

If the first hurdle was the refusal of the application, granted on appeal, to have a concrete batching plant just on the edge of Crouch End…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Jun 16

Second Scrutiny Report on the Haringey Development Vehicle just published #HDV

I am a member of the Housing and Regeneration Scrutiny Panel which has been scrutinising the Haringey Development Vehicle (HDV) and its imp…

Started by Zena Brabazon

1 Jun 10
Reply by Clive Carter

Middey's - Don't fence me in

Last year Middey's did the decent thing and removed their canopy , or the vestiges of it, for the duration of the Crouch End festival. So w…

Started by Adrian Essex

6 Jun 6
Reply by Adrian Essex

Open, Honest and Transparent at Hornsey Town Hall - about the sleight of hand

I've been very slow doing it but I have been thinking about what FEC are offering at Hornsey Town Hall. To help my rather retarded thinking…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Jun 5

RSS

© 2017   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service