Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information

Local Politics (580)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Whittington Estates Strategy - what does the future hold?

The Whittington Hospital is hugely important to us here in Crouch End. It is certainly our nearest Accident and Emergency Department. For m…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Feb 11

Another nice thing about Market Harborough Library . . .

. . . . they let all items be returned into the letter box when they are closed. Book borrowers are discriminated against at Hornsey Libra…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Feb 11

Word of the month - deculverting - let's do it to the Moselle

Deculverting appears as a word 1150 times on Google. Well who knew. It means taking a river out of the underground channels to which it has…

Started by Adrian Essex

3 Feb 10
Reply by Mark Crouch End

Hale Road, Tottenham Hale - a brief history

Three pictures of Hale Road in Tottenham Hale. In 2009 it was a fairly typical suburban street with parked cars and houses. In June 2017 it…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Feb 10

Beam me up, Scotty, I want to borrow a library book

Hornsey Library (that's our library in Haringey Park) is due for a bit of a revamp. The libraries service hopes to give the contract for th…

Started by Adrian Essex

1 Feb 9
Reply by Mark Crouch End

Is our library in a liveable neighbourhood - what do the plans say?

Interested in the future development of Crouch End? Lend your voice at the Forum AGM View this email in your browser Cr…

Started by Adrian Essex

0 Feb 9

Catherine West's Brexit Public Meeting

I should put this up as an event really, but first I thought I'd ask a question... Do you think I'd find out how Labour propose to leave th…

Started by Mark Crouch End

1 Feb 1
Reply by Adrian Essex

I've already sold my soul to Google - is Haringey a software rival

Michael Anderson on HoL has pointed out a mapping tool on the Haringey website I'm not impressed so far. Google maps does a better job of…

Started by Adrian Essex

4 Jan 31
Reply by Adrian Essex

#A note from Cllr. McNamara to Cllr. Kober

THE letter below—of yesterday’s date—was written by Cllr. Stuart McNamara to the Haringey Council Leader, Claire Kober. I have reproduced f…

Started by Clive Carter

28 Jan 30
Reply by Alan Stanton

Abyssinia in all the old familiar places

The Hornsey Housing Trust (HHT) owns a building on Weston Park called Abyssinia Court. A long time ago trees were planted in the small spac…

Started by Adrian Essex

1 Jan 26
Reply by Adrian Essex

© 2018   Created by Adrian Essex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service