Connecting Crouch End and Hornsey with news, views and information
Time: February 13, 2019 from 8pm to 9pm
Location: Union Church Hall
Street: Corner of Ferme Park Road/Weston Park
City/Town: Hornsey N8 9PX
Website or Map: https://www.google.co.uk/maps…
Event Type: talk
Organized By: Deirdre Stowell-Smith
Latest Activity: Jan 19
Roger Squires, a trustee of the London Canal Museum, will give an illustrated talk about the history of Regent’s Canal and provide a visual tour of the current waterway.
The Regent’s Canal received its Act of Parliament in 1811 . Construction started at Paddington (Little Venice) and got as far as Camden in 1815, when the money ran out. Works restarted in 1816, using Exchequer Loan Funds, with a further act, and it finally opened to Limehouse in August 1820. The Regent’s Canal Company ultimately became part of the more extensive Grand Union Canal.
Doors open at 7.30pm for the sale of refreshments and publications and close at 8pm. The main doors have to be closed at that time for security reasons, so anyone arriving after then will be unable to gain access.
A donation of £2 is requested from non-members.
Image Wikimedia Commons
Add a Comment